By Aimee Armande Wilson
Read Online or Download Conceived in Modernism: The Aesthetics and Politics of Birth Control PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
In Literary Modernism and past, Richard Lehan tracks the evolution of modernism from its emergence within the past due 19th century to its contemporary incarnations. during this wide-ranging examine, Lehan demonstrates how and why the ôoriginary imaginative and prescientö of modernism replaced extensively after it received prominence.
Modernism's different paintings demanding situations deeply held serious ideals concerning the meaning-in specific the political meaning-of modernism's dedication to the murals as an item indifferent from the area. Ranging over works of poetry, fiction, portray, sculpture, and movie, it argues that modernism's center aesthetic problem-the artwork's prestige as an item, and a subject's relation to it-poses primary questions of business enterprise, freedom, and politics.
Greater than a century after its beginnings, modernism nonetheless has the ability to surprise, alienate or problem readers. Modernist artwork and literature stay regarded as advanced and tough. This creation explains in a readable, energetic kind how modernism emerged, the way it is outlined, and the way it built in numerous types and genres.
Deafening Modernism tells the tale of modernism from the point of view of Deaf serious perception. operating to advance a serious Deaf concept self sustaining of identity-based discourse, Rebecca Sanchez excavates the intersections among Deaf and modernist reports. She lines the ways in which Deaf tradition, background, linguistics, and literature supply an important and mostly untapped source for figuring out the heritage of yankee language politics and the effect that historical past has had on modernist aesthetic creation.
- The Problem with Pleasure: Modernism and Its Discontents (NONE)
- H.D. and Modernist Religious Imagination: Mysticism and Writing
- Modernist Legacies: Trends and Faultlines in British Poetry Today (Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics)
- In the Company of Strangers: Family and Narrative in Dickens, Conan Doyle, Joyce, and Proust (Modernist Latitudes)
- Gender, Race, and Mourning in American Modernism
- The Censorship Effect: Baudelaire, Flaubert, and the Formation of French Modernism
Extra resources for Conceived in Modernism: The Aesthetics and Politics of Birth Control